The bedroom is a personal sanctuary, and the right furniture can make your space feel comfortable and luxurious. However, there are many common decorating mistakes that people make in their bedrooms which can ruin the mood of an otherwise peaceful room.
A bedroom is a place where you escape from the rest of your world, so it is important to design in such a way that will make you feel relaxed and comfortable. The greatest decorating mistakes often happen when people purchase furniture without thinking about how it will fit with their space or what they need for storage.
Here are some of the most common mistakes listed in order from least to worst:
- Putting up posters on blank walls;
- Having mismatched colors or patterns;
- Not having enough storage space for clothes or other items;
- Hanging heavy mirrors near bedposts and headboards;
- Buying too much furniture – There are plenty of things that can be done with limited space! Try stacking drawers on top of each other instead of filling up all available space with dressers, build shelves around the room for extra seating options, etc.